TV and RADIO ASSISTANT
Local Staff Recruitment for UNFCCC Sessions in Bonn and Abroad
35 PLN gross / hour
Under the direct supervision of the UN Media Information Desk Supervisor, the TV and Radio Assistant supports in the planning, organizing and managing the Press, TV and Radio coverage of the conference. The Assistant helps to ensure smooth operations of the press and media coverage. In particular, the incumbent is required to:
- support the Conference Spokesperson and the TV/Radio Liaison Officer in organizing press briefings and press conferences for the Climate Change secretariat and delegations.
- check availability of technical and staff requirements.
- ensure media only participation;
- support the TV/Radio Liaison Officer in organizing the daily TV and Radio coverage of the host broadcaster, RAI;
- ensure permanent availability of the latest conference programme and inform all involved parties about changes;
- ensure that media have access to selected negotiations. Accompany broadcasting teams and photographers and make sure that they do not disturb the negotiations and leave the location as agreed upon; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
Very good understanding of the functions, organization and procedures of the secretariat. Ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Basic knowledge of word processing applications and database is necessary.
Very good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
Work can be expected to involve shift work, or overtime work in excess of the normal working day, and may involve night and/or weekend work.