Side Events and Exhibits Assistant
Local Staff Recruitment for UNFCCC Sessions in Bonn and Abroad
35 PLN gross / hour
Under the overall supervision of the UN Observer Organizations Liaison Officer and her team, the Side Events and Exhibits Assistant assists with the organization and coordination of and the logistic support to side events and exhibits during the conference. In particular, the incumbent is required to:
- Collect data on side events such as the number of participants, quality and dynamics of the events and enter these data into a prepared spreadsheet, for internal use only;
- Monitor the conference rooms/venues, put up door signs, make sure equipment is in place, liaise with the event organizer and facilitate the smooth running of the event;
- Act as initial contact point for any logistical, IT and/or technical issues raised by organizers within the side event rooms;
- Where applicable, assist the side events and exhibits team with the running of exhibits, Publications Counter, Bloggers Area and/or Climate Change Studio, as required;
- Act as initial contact point for questions about side events and exhibits by participants; and
- Liaise with participants and service providers for trouble shooting as required.
Basic understanding of the relevance of climate change; basic studies in environmental science, international relations, economics or law. Flexibility, adaptability and reliability as well as the ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Basic knowledge of IT in terms of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and the use of skype pre-installed on presentation laptops with connected microphones, within a conference room setting.
Very good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
Work can be expected to involve shift work, or overtime work in excess of the normal working day, and may involve night and/or weekend work.