PRESS CONFERENCE ASSISTANT
Local Staff Recruitment for UNFCCC Sessions in Bonn and Abroad
35 PLN gross / hour
Under the direct supervision of the Press Conference Officer, the incumbent is required to:
- set up conference rooms with nameplates and equipment as required;
- prepare rooms before the meetings and during breaks;
- receive and transmit messages to participants in meetings and assists delegations with telephone communications;
- serve as liaison with the Logistics team on such matters as lighting, ventilation, heating and cleaning of conference rooms;
- provide information and assistance to delegates, secretariat etc.;
- assist, when necessary, in the distribution of speeches and documents during the meetings especially to the interpreters;
- exercise surveillance for fire, accident or other disturbances in cooperation with the security services; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
Very good understanding of the functions, organization and procedures of the secretariat, ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Basic knowledge of word processing applications and database is necessary.
Very good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
Work can be expected to involve shift work, or overtime work in excess of the normal working day, and may involve night and/or weekend work.