Observer Organizations Liaison Assistant
Local Staff Recruitment for UNFCCC Sessions in Bonn and Abroad
35 PLN gross / hour
Under the overall supervision of the UN Observer Organizations Liaison Officer and her team, the Observer Organizations Liaison Assistant assists with the in-session engagement of observers during the conference. In particular, the incumbent is required to:
- Take notes at briefings by presiding officers for observers summarizing the questions asked, quality, dynamics and size of the briefings, for internal use only;
- Receive visiting observers, take notes if the secretariat staff is not available;
- Escort observers to relevant sites or officers in accordance with the instruction from the secretariat staff;
- Monitor and reply to incoming calls and emails relating to participation of observers and in-session engagement;
- Perform administrative duties related to in-session tasks including filing (both electronic and hard copy), printing, collecting data, as required, for statistics relating to observer engagement; and
- Any other duties as required related to the above.
Basic understanding of the relevance of climate change; basic studies in environmental science, international relations, economics or law.
Flexibility, adaptability and reliability as well as the ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Basic knowledge of IT in terms of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and the use of skype pre-installed on presentation laptops
with connected microphones, within a conference room setting.
Very good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
Work can be expected to involve shift work, or overtime work in excess of the normal working day, and may involve night and/or weekend work.