Documents Distribution Clerk
Local Staff Recruitment for UNFCCC Sessions in Bonn and Abroad
35 PLN gross / hour
Under the direct supervision of the UN Documents Distribution Officers, the incumbent is required to:
- move documents in bulk from the Reproduction area to the Distribution Counter;
- move documents from the Distribution Counter to the Conference Rooms;
- distribute each document in the required language and quantity in the delegations’ pigeonholes;
- answer queries from delegates at the counter;
- distribute documents at the counter according to the delegates’ request; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
Very good understanding of the functions, organization and procedures of the secretariat, ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset. Ability to recognize the six official UN languages.
Basic knowledge of word processing applications and database is necessary.
Very good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
Work can be expected to involve shift work, or overtime work in excess of the normal
working day, and may involve night and/or weekend work.
- The ability to recognize the six official languages in which the Conference documents are issued is essential.
- Physical ability to move heavy loads, and orderly manner of work and willingness to work irregular hours involving early morning and evening work are also necessary.