DOCUMENT REPRODUCTION CLERK
Local Staff Recruitment for UNFCCC Sessions in Bonn and Abroad
35 PLN gross / hour
Under the direct supervision of the UN Document Reproduction Officers, the incumbent is expected to:
- operate high speed / volume photocopiers, reproducing copies recto-verso and ensuring that copies are correctly stapled;
- control quality of original before printing and inform supervisor of any problem;
- control pagination so that it is in correct order, and control first copy with original to ensure all pages are in proper numerical order;
- participate in team work to manually assemble and staple some documents; and to store documents on shelves;
- clean glass scanner to remove dust and ensure quality printing; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
Very good understanding of the functions, organization and procedures of the secretariat, ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset. Ability to recognize the six official UN languages.
Basic knowledge of word processing applications and database is necessary. Sufficient knowledge of high speed photocopiers.
Very good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
Work can be expected to involve shift work, or overtime work in excess of the normal working day, and may involve night and/or weekend work.
- The ability to recognize the six official languages in which the Conference documents are issued is essential.
- Physical ability to move heavy loads, and orderly manner of work and willingness to work irregular hours involving early morning and evening work are also necessary.